1 someone in charge of other people; "am I my brother's keeper?"
- A person who keeps something.
- Finders keepers; losers weepers.
- Something worth keeping.
- You can throw out all the blurry photos, but the one with her and her daughter is certainly a keeper.
- A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard.
- The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
- A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.
- lighthouse keeper
- park keeper
- salad keeper
something worth keeping
guardian of goal
Keeper may mean:
- A curator as, for example, at the British Museum.
- A menstrual cup.
- In some sports, a player who protects a goal, see Goalkeeper.
- A warder or guardian.
- A gamekeeper.
- A lighthouse keeper
- A zookeeper at a zoo.
- A term used to refer to the status of a person that one is dating being worth marrying.
- A term for a car owned by an enthusiast of the particular marque which has completed a full restoration and they cannot foreseen any reason for ever parting with it.
- In the universe of Doctor Who the Keeper is a role in the government of the Traken Union introduced during the story The Keeper of Traken who is able to maintain universal harmony within the union.
- In Babylon 5, a Keeper is a parasitic creature employed by the Drakh to control other beings.
- Keeper, a sports novel by Mal Peet.
- In Homeworld 2, Keepers are deadly destroyers built by the ancient Progenitors. See Ships of Homeworld.
- A magnet keeper.
- In the Thief series of games, a Keeper is a member of a secret society who are charged with "keeping the balance" of power even within The City.
- The keepers, a fictional artificial species from the BioWare game Mass Effect.
keeper in Italian: Custode
Audubon Society, National Wildlife Service, Sierra Club, air warden, attendant, bull, caretaker, castellan, cerberus, commandant, conservationist, conservator, curator, custodian, custos, deliverer, enjoyer, forest ranger, game warden, gamekeeper, gaoler, governor, guard, guardian, guardian angel, have, haver, holder, jailer, janitor, lifeguard, lifesaver, next friend, nurse, possessor, preservationist, preserver, principal keeper, prison guard, prochein ami, ranger, rescuer, safekeeper, saver, savior, screw, shepherd, steward, taxidermist, turnkey, warden, warder, watchdog